Rev. Fr Felix A. Concessao came as an assistant parish priest on December 23rd 1947. A lot of spiritual development took place during the time of Fr Louis D’Silva. He encouraged the activities of the Legion of Mary in the Parish.
But very soon, he was transferred to the parish of St Lawrence, Karkal, and in his place Rev. Fr Denis Sequeira took over as the sixth parish priest on October 1st 1948. Mr A. Noronha was elected as the administrator on July 17th 1949 and he served upto July 22nd 1951. Fr Denis Sequeira was the parish priest till November 30th 1951 when he was transferred to Rosario Parish, Kallianpur. Mr. T.M. Aranha was once again elected as administrator on July 22nd 1951 and this time he served upto July 26th 1953. Rev. Fr Marian Fernandes who had come to the parish on January 1st 1950 as assistant parish priest took over as the seventh parish priest on November 29th 1951 according to the Bishop’s orders. He worked to get the bells that were ordered from Germany by Fr Charles Lobo & started to collect funds to build a suitable belfry. But he was transferred as the director of Fr Muller Hospital on May 31st 1952. Rev. Fr Basil Peris became the eighth parish priest of Bendur on June 31st 1952, being a parishioner he grew up in Bendur and soon after his ordination had also served as assistant parish priest. But within three months he was appointed the auxiliary Bishop of Mangalore and went to the Bishop’s house at Codialbail. During this time Rev.Fr Alexander F. D’Souza came on July 29th 1952 as assistant parish priest.
After Fr Basil Peris Rev. Fr Alexander B. Pinto came as the ninth parish priest and took charge on September 25th 1952 and served the parish for 10 years. During this time Mr A.R.D’souza was elected as the administrator on July 16th 1953, and served till July 12th 1959. Fr A.B. Pinto made special efforts to beautify the church and fixed tube lights as well as electric fans in the whole church and installed an illuminated cross on the top of the façade. He added two additional rooms to the parochial house and got a strong laterite stone compound wall built around the cemetery in place of the collapsed mud walls. Fr Felix Concessao was transferred from the parish on June 1st 1954 and Rev.Fr Peter Lobo came as the new assistant parish priest on the same day. Fr Alexander D’Souza left on September 21st 1955 and Rev. Fr Robert M. Pinto was the new assistant parish priest from September 24th 1955. Fr Peter Lobo was transferred on February 11th 1956. Rev.Fr Aloysius A. Serrao came as assistant parish priest on April 10th 1956 and served the parish till December 2nd 1956. Rev. Fr Peter Nazareth was the new assistant parish priest from April 8th 1957. Fr Robert Pinto was transferred on April 24th 1959 and in his place Rev. Fr William Gonsalves servedas the assistant parish priest from April 29th 1959 to October 21st 1959. Mr J.B. Machado was elected the administrator on July 12th 1959 and served upto August 19th 1962. Rev. Fr Mark Fernandes came as the assistant parish priest on April 25th 1960. Fr Peter Nazareth was transferred on April 25th 1961 and in his place Rev. Fr Raymond Moras came as the assistant parish priest on April 27th 1961 and served the parish till April 7th 1962. During the time of Fr Alexander Pinto, the bells that were ordered from Germany by Rev. Fr Charles Lobo the fourth parish priest, and that were delayed because of the second world war, arrived in the parish. But before he could build a suitable belfry for them, he was transferred to Rosario Parish on April 4th 1962.
Rev. Fr Albert Pinto took charge as the tenth parish priest on April 3rd 1962. Mr A.R.D’souza was once again elected as administrator on August 19th 1962 and served till 1970 when the parish council was started as per the guidelines of the Second Vatican Council. Fr Albert Pinto raised funds from the parishioners and built the new belfry. Vicar General Rev. Msgr William Lewis blessed the bells on January 1st 1963. The bells were rung for the first time on Sunday January 8th during the Eucharistic Procession in connection with the annual parish feast. Fr Albert Pinto worked with missionary zeal without caring for his health. Even during inclement weather he visited the poor and the sick in their houses to console and encourage them. He worked tirelessly to unite broken homes and to bring back those who were straying into other sects. He also worked among the alchoholics and the mentally retarded. Fr Albert Pinto was a good counsellor. Irrespective of caste or creed he used to visit the houses of Hindus and Muslims, and they used to respect him as God’s chosen one. Rev. Fr Lawrence Fernandes came as assistant parish priest on April 27th 1963 and Fr Mark Fernandes left the parish on transfer on April 29th 1963. In 1964 Fr Lawrence Fernandes initiated and organized the first mixed choir of ladies and gents – as till then there were only gents in the church choir. Rev. Fr Hilary Sanctis also came as assistant parish priest on April 30th 1963 and served the parish till October 18th 1964. Rev. Fr Lawrence Gomes came to Bendur as the assistant parish priest on April 3rd 1967 and Fr Lawrence Fernandes left the parish on April 4th 1967 on transfer. Fr Albert Pinto started the Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, held every Saturday. Realizing the need for a hall he raised funds from the parishioners and built a parish hall in 1968. The Golden Jubilee of the parish was celebrated during his time from January 31st to February 7th 1965. On January 31st the Holy Eucharist was exposed for public Adoration at 4.15 p.m Rev. Fr Claud D’Souza offered the Solemn High Mass followed by the Eucharistic procession and the blessing of the Holy Eucharist. During the week, masses were offered for the departed souls of the Founders, Benefactors and Parishioners. Masses were also offered for the intentions of the surviving Benefactors, Donors and the Parishioners. On Sunday February 7th a non-vegetarian meal was served to about 4200 people. This meal was cooked by the volunteers of the parish. The same evening Rev. Msgr Alexander Pinto parish priest of Rosario offered the Thanksgiving Solemn High Mass. During the public function after the mass the parish administrator read a paper depicting the history and progress of the parish. The sacristan Mr Jacob Correa who had served for 50 years from the beginning of the parish was honoured & offered a purse on this occasion on behalf of the parish. Fr Lawrence Gomes was transferred from the parish on September 13th 1969 and on the same day Rev. Fr John D’Souza took over as the new assistant parish priest. As per the church renewal programme, started after the II Vatican Council, an experimental parish council was started to look after the administration of the parish in January 1971, and elected Mr. Rem Fernandes as the Vice President and Miss Annie Pinto as its Secretary at its first meeting.
The untiring work by Fr Albert Pinto had its effect on his health which deteriorated rapidly and he died on November 2nd 1971. On the following day after the funeral services he was buried inside the church building.
In view of Fr Albert Pinto’s sickness Rev. Fr Alexander F. D’Souza took charge as the eleventh parish priest on October 3rd 1971. On November 1st 1971 he conducted a prayer service for the first time in the cemetery in the evening. He got the sanctuary renovated: removed the wooden communion railings around the sanctuary, and moved back the marble altar to touch the main altar by removing the steps that were there between them. He installed a new altar according to the new rite for mass to be offered facing the people and laid mosaic tiles for the sanctuary floor and painted the church walls with distemper for the first time. The full fledged Parish Council took over during his time in 1972-for the period 1972 to 1974 with the re-election of Mr Rem Fernandes as Vice President. Mr Zozimus Pais was elected as Secretary. Rev. Fr Mark Walder took over as assistant parish priest on March 1st 1972. Fr John D’Souza was transferred on May 21st 1972 and in his place Fr Cyril D’Souza came as the new assistant parish priest on May 27th 1972. After serving for about one and a half years in the parish Fr Alexander D’Souza was made the Vicar General of the Diocese on May 27th 1973.
Rev.Fr Nicholas J. Pereira came to Bendur as the twelfth parish priest on May 27th 1973. Mr Rem Fernandes was re-elected as vice-president for the period 1974 to 1977 and Mr. Simon Walter Colaco was elected as secretary. During this time Rev. Fr Arthur Pereira came to Bendur as assistant parish priest on May 25th 1976 in the place of Fr Cryil D’Souza who was transferred from Bendur on June 3rd 1976. Mr Joseph Aranha was elected as vice-president of the parish council on February 6th 1977 and Mr Rudolph D’Silva was elected as secretary. Mr Rudolph D’silva resigned from the post of the secretary on July 31st 1977 and Mr Simon Walter Colaco was elected as secretary in his place on July 31st 1977. Mr Simon Walter Colaco also resigned on February 26th 1978 and Mr Zozimus Pais was elected as secretary in his place. Due to the transfer of Fr Arthur Pereira on May 26th 1978, Rev. Fr Joswey Fernandes came in his place on the same day.