St. Sebastian Church, Bendur organized a week long spiritual renewal program from 22nd August to 30th August for the parishioners to commemorate 107 years of its establishment. The program included Holy Eucharist at 5.30pm followed by the Novena to Patron Saint on the main theme, “Let us nourish our faith and become lively witnesses of Christ”. Each day had a definite theme for contemplation and prayer. The themes reflected on various days are:
- 22nd August Day 1 : God is the treasure of blessings . All Glory & Adoration belongs to Him.
- 23rd August Day 2 : God is merciful and forgiving
- 24th August Day 3: Our God is Healer.
- 25th August Day 4 : Let us serve God by our service to the Society
- 26th August Day 5 : Contentment consists in sharing the riches given by God
- 27th August Day 6 : Martyrdom is the strongest witness of our Faith
- 28th August Day 7 : God is all powerful and I am His humble creature
- 29th August Day 8 : Let us build our families with Christian values, having the holy family as a role model.
Different guest priests celebrated the mass and shared the word of God meaningfully, which was followed by Novena prayer to St Sebastian our patron. Later, the Relic of St Sebastian was exposed and Novena ended with the blessing of the relic.30th being the last day, mass was celebrated with grandeur and devotion. Rev. Fr. Ashwin Crasta, Asst parish priest celebrated the festive mass and V.Rev. Fr. Walter D’mello preached the word of God. V. Rev. Fr Vincent Monteiro, the Parish Priest and Rev. Fr Ronson Pinto concelebrated the mass.The Mass was made lively and meaningful by the Parish Choir. All these days devotion was made available live on Youtube, Facebook and Divine Word channel so that the children, the aged and the sick could be a part of this devotion.