1. Mission Sunday’s collection is as follows:
Sunday collection was Rs. 96,630
Through Covers in the church & office Rs. 1,10,305
Personal contribution Rs. 26,000/-
Mission box collection Rs. 2,495
Total collection was Rs.2,35,430
If anyone wants to contribute towards the missions may do so by the end of this week and give it in the Church office.
2. Today there will be Dance & Skit Competition at 3.00pm. The Catholic Sabha members are requested to make arrangement for this competition. We request all the participants to come on time.
3. Next Sunday there will be Bible Quiz at 3.30pm. The SVP members are requested to make arrangement for this competition.
4. Vollyball competition will be on 11th November. Zone leaders are requested to collect the entry forms on Tuesday from the church office.
5. A result of Singing Competition is put up on the notice board.
6. Wednesday, there will be a meeting of those who have done the Theology Class & the Gurkars at 6.00pm
7. Thursday 1st November, we celebrate the feast of All Saints. There will be 2 masses in the morning. First mass is at 6.00am and second mass, at 7.15am. There will be a regular mass in the evening at 5.00.
8. Thursday, there will be confirmation class after the 7.15am mass.
9. Friday 2nd November, is the All Souls day (commemoration of all the faithful departed), a day of prayer for the departed souls. Morning masses will be at 6.00, 7.00 & 8.00 am. Evening mass will be at 4.30 pm. There will be procession to the Cemetery and prayer for the departed souls will be offered there.
10. A plenary indulgence, applicable only to the souls in Purgatory, is granted to any of the faithful who: a) on one of the days from 1 to 8th November visit devoutly a cemetery or who simply pray mentally for the Dead;
b) On 2nd November that is All souls day a visit to any church or chapel
with devotion and there recite Our Father and I Believe.
11. Those who wish to give masses to the dead may drop their contribution in the mass box kept near the St. Sebastian’s Statue. Masses will be offered for their intentions with the amount collected.
12. Next week’s Mass Liturgy is as follows:
Saturday, 5.00 pm mass by members of Legion of Mary
Sunday, 6.45 am mass by members of Kadri III ward
and 5.00 pm mass by members of Church ward I
13. Thursday, 8th of November, Ladies Social Service League members will be celebrating Mothers Day. There will be mass at 4.00pm, followed by a get-together in the Parish hall. All the mothers of our parish are invited.
14. Mangalore Diocese will be felicitating newly elected Bishop of Udupi diocese, Most Rev. Dr Gerald Issac Lobo on next Sunday, 4th of November at 4.30 pm at Rosario Cathedral. You are requested to participate in this program. There will not be evening mass on that day.