1. Last Sunday’s collection towards St Vincent the Paul Society was Rs. 45,370/- and the same has been handed over to them.
2. Today, there will be inauguration of various sports at 10.30am in St Agnes School campus. We request you to be present in great numbers for the inauguration. At 11.00am there will be Drawing & Flower Setting Competition. The members of Secular Franciscan Third Order are requested to make arrangement for this competition.
3. Next Sunday there will be Fancy Dress Competition at 3.00pm. The members of Legion of Mary are requested to make arrangement for this competition.
4. Singing Competition will be on 21st October. Zone leaders are requested to collect the entry forms on Tuesday from the church office.
5. Monday, there will be Women’s Sodality meeting at 5.30pm.
6. Thursday, there will be Ladies Social Service League meeting & Voice of Bendur Editorial Board members meeting at 5.30 pm.
7. Saturday, there will be Centenary Finance & Security Committee meeting at 6.00pm. Gurkars are kindly requested to see that all the members from their ward attend this meeting.
8. Next Sunday, there will be exam for the Sunday Catechism children.
9. Next week’s Mass Liturgy is as follows:
Saturday, 5.00 pm mass by Spiritual Committee members
Sunday, 6.45 am mass by members of Balmatta ward
and 5.00 pm mass by members of Lower Bendur III ward
10. Today, there will be Kadri I ward meeting at 6.15pm in St Agnes Special school
11. Jeevan Jyothi camp for 10th Standard students will be from 16th to 18th October at Milagres P.U. College. Those who have not given their names are requested to give them in the Church office immediately. There will be a talk on stress management for the children with their parents on 18th at 3.00pm during the Jeevan Jyothi camp.
12. Confirmation children are requested to fill the forms and give them in the Church office. You may collect the text books from the office.
13. There will be a Marian Seminar at Infant Jesus Shrine, Bikarnakatte on Saturday from 9.00am to 1.00pm. You are encouraged to attend this seminar. For details kindly see the notice board.
14. Erection of the Diocese of Udupi and Solemn Installation Ceremony of Most Rev. Dr Gerald Isaac Lobo will be on Monday, 15th of October at 2.30pm at the Kallianpur Milagres Cathedral Grounds. You are invited to participate in the celebrations. Invitation for the same is put up on the notice board.
15. The General election to Karnataka Assembly is fast approaching. The Election Commission has started revision of voters list. In Mangalore South Constituency it will start from October 15th up to 16th November. During this one month period the people above 18 years of age, whose names are not yet enrolled can give applications to the designated officers of their polling stations to enroll their names. Please see the notice board for more details.
16. The inauguration of year of Faith will be celebrated on Thursday, 11 October 2012 at the Rosario Cathedral, Mangalore. The Bishop will inaugurate the year by unveiling the Logo of the year followed by the mass. The programme will start at 4.30 pm. You are requested to attend the Programme.
17. There will be a half-day Orientation for the Office bearers of all the Apostolic Associations at Rosario Cultural Hall on Sunday, November 4th from 9.00 to 1.00pm on the topic “Year of Faith & the Role of Apostolic Associations.
18. From this month onwards during the Small Christian Community ward meeting, there will be a talk on Faith in our life and in our family. The talk is given by Priests, Sisters and the members those who have done the Theology Course. We request all the families to attend the SCC ward meeting in your ward.